also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

2 Jun 2006

The Burger Buns...

Orders a teh peng, mee pok and long bean omelette...

Yo-yo Friday
Just a week back, I was strolling through Takashimaya, chomping food-court fishballs. I stopped by the central toys bazaar, only to find a forgotten memory on a stage: Yo-Hans.

My sis and I can recall the days when we used to be Pro-Yo crazy. Remember the Bumble-bee? Walk-the-dog? There he was, the World Record holder of the greatest number of yo-yo tricks in a minute, Yo-Hans, on a measely stage in Taka.

Nevertheless, I was there at stage side as he wowed kids by breaking his own record: 54 tricks per minute. He autographed the fateful yo-yo thereafter and offered it to the audience. Guess what? Instead of giving it to his screaming kid-fans, he turned to the oversized buffalo munching on balls;me.

Yes, I've now got an autographed Yo-Hans yo-yo which he did 54 tricks with, and the harrowing memory of the glares from disgruntled parents who believed the yo-yo should never have ended up with a fumbling furball,but with their kids who were on stage front.

My Apple dream...digested...gone!


I've always wanted an Apple. Wanted to be a staunch convert. Even the battering practical advice of Yong seemed futile against my desire for sheer class. Then, the music stopped. The flags stopped flying, the trumpets died.

I could afford the Macbook, but cannot afford the softwares. Pro tools, Logic, the softwares that I thought would help my music-making cause cost a bomb. So does Office for Mac.

Perhaps it is to be a long-drawn battle. Perhaps one day I shall return, better armed (with freaking lotsa cash), and reclaim that lost dream! O Steve Jobs! Discount leh!

Working with volunteers

Not exactly a sudden realisation, not exactly a startling epiphany, but I've come to be mindful that when working in a community of volunteers (church groups, VOs etc), it draws on a different set of skills and sensitivities as to working at work, school etc (where there is obvious personal-interests involved).

Seems like an obvious understatement, but often overlooked.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.