also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

28 Jul 2006

Care to lend a hand?

I wrote this poem (actually it came to me as a song) just before I attended a docu-film premiere cum discussion with Mr Kishore Mahbubani. This was a week or two ago.

The session revolved around the film's title "Broken Promises- The UN at 60". With BBC images and disparent views on the Lebanon crisis swirling, I penned the following. Care to lend me a hand, giving it a title and completing it?

The song came in a Blues form, with chord progression I-IV-V, typically 12-bar Blues. The second verse came as a bridge:

Its for you and I.
You don't even need to try,
And it's there for you
To help see you through.

I know it sounds unbelievable
But why put yourself through all that trouble?
The hope of your future
Is free.

Even if all the rockets
Take all in your pockets,
Nobody, I say nobody,
Can rob you of your dignity.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.