also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

30 Aug 2006

Directionless Mutter

As dark tropical clouds gather, and a storm anticipating its cue, I just ponder on nothingness and everything. Wading through the marshy middles of my mental mess, I contemplate my impending departure, running through mental checklists for the trip, about the prospect of my music growth; about leaving behind that one special person, my family. Surprisingly I'm unfazed by the prospect of having to leave this life behind; indeed, I'll miss the sun, but not the battles that take place at train doors.

I know I'll miss friends, the boys, the Church people, but its not sinking in; I know the meat is there but it ain't cookin'. I know I'll miss the food, but that's not taking a toll on my taste-buds as yet.

World Bank rests on my mind too. A dormant but pervasive thought, along with the diplomatic service.

I had lunch with Ivan yesterday, and dinner with Mic Parry the day before. That only further cemented this directionless.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.