also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

26 Sept 2008

That Stinking Feeling

The Final Sip...

Took my final sip of Gorilla Coffee this afternoon. After drinking from the same local coffee shop nearly-daily for a month, the start of September rains play my exit music out of Brooklyn, out of New York. What a month it has been here on the East Coast of America; the Elections, the arts, the finding-kyself, the financial meltdown, the mega-consumerism...Finally I can say to myself the next time I watch "Ugly Betty", "Sex in the City", "Friends" (yes yes, the re-runs ONLY BECAUSE friends around me watch it again and again) or some Hollywood scene with surgically-dashing actors run through New York subways or blow up yellow taxis, I can say I have been there, done that, and got the "I Love NYC" t-shirt.

And so I take my final sip of the Brooklyn I have grown to hold so dear.

That Stinking Feeling...

It's stinking. It catches my attention. Even as my mind loiters towards thoughts of near-futures, dreams, aspirations, evil plots to take over the world, lust, hunger (i'm a foodie), that feeling grabs my attention like trash on the streets that grabs your eyes by the ankle and tugs at you.

That feeling that I will miss Brooklyn so much that I will start comparing Singapore when I finally return to the sunny island in a year's time. Yet, that lingering stench also tells me that I need to go back to Singapore to find some permenant footing to take steps towards my dreams, my aspirations.

Tools in Hand...

Having lived in London and New York, and in the new-found pastures of modern art and insights into the working world, I am now armed with the hammer, the nails and planks of wood. I am now ready to start building the foundations of my life ahead. But I must patiently wait to return to Singapore before I can start. The design is slowly taking shape in my head. Now I must nurture myself to fill this construction with the spirits and cultures of this world.


But in the end, I'm just a little boy in a crazy world, who does miss his kopi-peng along Thomson Road, Singapore.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.