also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

28 Jan 2009

washed clean by the rain

It was a long day today, like many other days these days. To be fair, not all these long days are bad; back to back rehearsals and classes; I even have to schedule lunch in my calendar. After the library, I wanted to just head home to take a hot shower and rest.

Instead, I had to walk to the far end of campus at midnight to return a friend's misplaced housekeys. I contemplated the walk there, possibly dreading it a little, the dark, long, cold walk to Lakeside. But instead, I had company. Very good company.

She decided to accompany me all the way. As the gentle midnight rain moist our faces, we started to chat. She said how refreshing the air was, here in the countryside, and I couldn't agree more. Like last year, the warm feeling of having a chat with an old friend just never fails to make me forget the ache in my shoulders and legs, the cold walk. It may have been chats over tea in a warm house last year, and this year a chat through a cold night, but the comfort I get is still the same. I miss 42 Craven Street, the house and housemates I will remember for a long, long time.


©2006-2009 =parejka

Her words of Christian grace and support gives strength to my resolve to walk down the right path. We often can handle problems on our own, but need that little push to finally resolve them. She is part of that final push towards peace.

I don't always write exclusively about sad things do I? Often, but not always. This is one instance that I don't.



Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.