also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

21 May 2009

As I wait for the boiling soup...

I have a friend (hopefully not just one). A friend whom I know but I don't know. A friend whom I sometimes wish I was a little more like. This friend has found love. And I am happy for him. Not just happy. Happy enough to keep me smiling randomly today.

I am happy because he found someone to love. And someone to love him back. I don't know much details. But I am going to imagine that I do anyway. Two beautiful persons come together. You just know something good will come out of it. You just know. I am happy for him. I am happy for her. For them.

Yet, amidst the smiling, I found myself sad. As I stared at bubbling soup on the stove, I was sad. Not for him. Not for her. I was sad for me. All I could do was to get lost in the bubbles of the swirling chicken soup, and not think about it anymore.

Am I supposed to think or am I supposed to feel? Which is more dangerous? "A step at a time and you'll walk with the Divine," so said a friend once. I am hoping he is right.


For now, I just wait for the soup to be ready and have dinner together. And be happy for him. Happy for her. Amen.


Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.