also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

17 Jan 2010

my|4-walls: this is what he had to say...

And so the launch weekend of the exhibition is over. After months of work and anticipation, it came and went. But the exhibition continues till 21 Feb, and so does the thrill of finding out the impact of the show. Who will it inspire? Will the photographs sell? Will this show spark debate that will help the art scene here? Perhaps only time will tell.

Yesterday, a certain personality visited the gallery. Tan Ngiap Heng. He is one of Singapore's foremost fine art photographers. Naturally, I didn't know that when he walked through our doors and in characteristic fashion, I made a fool of myself. Check out his work: http://pondimages.blogspot.com/2010/01/genee-2009.html. I then admitted to being a photography noob, and a noob art curator as well.

But I am so proud of the artists I've worked with on this show. Humble craftsmen, engaging personalities, every single one of them. And what better tribute, and hopefully more to come, to the intent of the show then the review that Ngiap Heng himself gave of the exhibition. I can only pray that this is but the start of an adventure worth embarking. And my heartfelt thanks to the many people who have made this possible.

Thank you.

This is what he had to say:

This is a nice and fresh exhibition in a new exhibition space. Apparently this is an exhibition of six photographers who are showing their work for their first time. It includes award winning photographers Elaine Lim and John Heng. The other photographers are Fusheng, Genevieve Ding, Nicholas Foo and Wong King Leong.


I met the curator, Nicholas Foo, who is new to photography but very enthusiastic. He calls himself a noob and has his work on the wall too as the owners of the gallery asked him to put up his work. He tried shooting dinner for the photographers who were gallery sitting, Fusheng and King Leong. I passed him a paper napkin to soften his flash. Amusing yeah?

Anyway, I enjoyed it because the images were fresh and unpretentious. I hope to see more work from these photographers, including the noob curator!

Source: http://pondmusings.blogspot.com/



Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.