also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

17 Apr 2010

Ladies in White

I decided to walk instead of taking the bus. After all, it wasn't too far, but long enough to take stock on the long week. It is a Friday night.

Then I see a familiar figure. Her long hair against her white dress that cut through the growing darkness. I call out and catch the familiar smile of her eyes. Its been about half a year since we last met. I walk with her to her evening destination nearby and we quickly catch up. She has just changed jobs but still in the industry. She still has her own car.

That was the first random meeting. The first lady in white.

I carry on my way and head towards the bookstore. Borders. I wonder when it would go bankrupt, as its British counterpart has; under siege by digital media. I wanted to take refuge amongst the shelves of books, away from working life's cruel onslaught. Its a Friday night.

I walked past the 'Economics' books, the her familiar figure caught my eyes; rather, her dyed-bangs did. We were trying to grab coffee the last 3 weeks, but never did. We decided to take this coincidental chance. We go for coffee before it was time for my dinner appointment. We had a good chat; people management at work eased into the insecurities people had. We recommended each other books, and before we knew it, our chance meeting came to an end as I had to leave.

That was the second random lady in white.

We parted as I headed to the bus stop of my schooldays. Being at that busstop brought back memories of waiting there after school in uniform. Tonight, I was heading for a dinner appointment after a long week at work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.