also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

3 Oct 2006

From the Land of Alice in Wonderland

From the Land of Alice in Wonderland...

This is indeed way overdue. I've arrived here in Warwick for a week and a half, and only know am I saying hello.

To get some the major did-you-knows out of the way: I'm studying at University of Warwick, just on the fringe of the town of Coventry. Its north-west of London, about under 2 hours to get to London by rail. I am studying Philosophy, Politics, Economics (PPE) and am staying in Tocil residence on campus.

I start classes proper today, and am looking forward to finally teasing an army-frozen brain to life with 3 seperate disciplines. My course is one of the heaviest degrees here at the university. I have to check 3 pigeon-holes, 3 notice boards, and 3 times the workload of a single-subject degree. Nasty.

Weather is turning cold. But despite that, have had a number of morning runs through campus with squirrels, ducks & hares for company. We also play soccer in the cold, wet English weather on the very beautiful fields here; its like carpet grass here. We slide, get muddy, get flung, all just to play a good game of soccer :)

My room's slowly becoming comfy, and yes, its me very own roomhold, where I am matron; I manage food, household, transport allowance, cleanliness, decoratives etc. What a fast-track to growing up.

The campus is lovely, and I'm slowly making new friends (for the Brits possibly only in the bar. I'm just kidding. You know that right? Ha). But it is hilarious to know how much people know about Singapore. They think: "Singapore? How's that dictator" "Singapore, do you know kung fu?" "SIngapore, how is it now that you're back with China?" "Singapore, sorry I don't speak Singligh. Can you speak English?"

Cheers!

Me final farewell with family back at Changi Airport


View of Central Asia from SQ318


My very own sandwich brand in the UK!!


Shakespeare's house, and Shakespeare's student


Picadilly Circus, London; my first view as I stepped out to London for the first time. Lovely.


Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.