also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

9 Apr 2007

Crash of Civilisations?

Crash of Civilisations?

Just watched "Crash". In the dim solitude of a late spring sunset, in my kitchen. My abandoned chips, thai chilli sauce and I, sitting in a room that was growing dark. Watching the movie frightened me. It got chilly. I close the window.

Is there really a racist in everyone of us? At best, do we try not to be racist? Is affirmative action a mere counter-force that the world manifests from the guilt of deep-seated racism? I don't know. Do we, really? Is a claim: "I'm not racist" a true one? I don't know.

It is frightening, because, possibly, no matter how hard we try, we can never not be racist. Deep down, we all see colour. Those of us with the gift of sight see colours. Give us all a few more pints of beer, and, possibly, true racial lines will be clearly illustrated, normally held suppressed by education, guilt, moral norms, societal chides, indoctrinated decorum...I don't know.

It is because I don't know that I am frightened. Aren't you? To wake up and find that you're one of those whom you've condemned all your life? Watch "Crash".
Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.