also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

16 Apr 2009

An excerpt from an email...

I wrote an email to a dear friend about how I spent my Easter weekend. This is an excerpt from that email.

"Spent my Easter weekend at a seminary in Birmingham. I was hesitant to go on Maundy Thursday when the retreat actually started, mainly because of my 5,000 essay but also because it was a discernment weekend for the priesthood. It was kind of lovely that when I arrived Sat morning at the beautiful seminary (Oscott College, its online), I was the 'missing' 12th 'apostle' of the retreat. There were 12 of us.

Out of the 12, 10 have either signed up to be priests or are seriously considering. In that way, I felt like the odd one out. But similarly, I learnt so much. About the humility and power of God's call; met construction workers who felt the calling, and are far more educated in Church literature than I will ever be; boys who didn't do A Levels and read much more about God's word than I can only imagine; priests who dropped out for 8 years then came back in...it goes on.

It was a nice quiet weekend. I enjoyed it; time with Him is always good. Desperate to clear my life from filth that clouds my conscience. It is said that conscience is where God's voice resides. But once we allow the world's ways to clog it up, what we hear in our conscience is far from God's voice. So I'm working on that."

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.