also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

1 Jun 2009

Blogging: human race's salvation?

I do not often read your blog. But each time I do, I am amazed; amazed by your thoughts, your ponderations. I am saddened; saddened why I did not notice these thoughts in our conversations, in our interactions. I am proud; proud of who you are, proud that at the very least I know you if I don't know you at all.


The Return of the Written Word
In this way, I am glad for blogosphere. I have for so long lambasted short-messages (SMSes), emails, emotiocons for stealing the written word, or vandalising it. At the very least, now blogs allows for the return of the written word in a legitimate way.

I used to think that blogs were for the pretentious, the extroverted flaunting their lives to the world they think cares for them. There are those still around. Yet, there are also those who simply write to share their thoughts, to write to an unknown known-world, as a form of catharsis, as a means to cement our frivolous thoughts; for it is in writing that we think of how we feel, why we feel, and writing gives ourselves the legitimacy to feel the way we do, don't you think?


Human race clawing its way back
This desire to pen our thoughts, share our inner-most ruminations is not new. Whilst we consider blog-hopping today rather voyeuristic, would it not make the entire human race who reads fictions books voyeurs then? For centuries, the written word through books has been means not just to spread knowledge, but for authors to share their thoughts and worldviews. Blogging today is the same.

There is the writer. There are the words. There is the reader.

"Blogging may just be the salvation of the human race clawing its way back from the depths of the desensitising mechanical urban world."


I'll be awaiting the day that this quote will be attributed to me sometime in the future.


Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.