also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

4 May 2009

indulgences that came and will go

Back home, I hardly had specific indulgences; not chocolates, not TV, not computer games, perhaps sports, but nothing specific.

Neither did I have one in my first 2 years at Warwick. But in my final year, as I properly lived on my own, beyond comfort zones and circles of trust, there is one indulgence that I find comfort in. True, there's prayer in the chaplaincy. But there is something else, which might just go as my time in Warwick is coming to an end:


Candle burning, watching Grey's Anatomy or Heroes online, in my room, as I tuck into an unhealthy swirl of Japanese instant noodles with crab sticks, egg and Chinese cabbage; and then get contemplative about life, love and death afterwards as I head into the shower. Especially after Grey's Anatomy.


I will miss this. Can't do it back home. Mummy doesn't allow food in the room.


Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.