also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

3 Nov 2008

Old friends, simple warmth

Old friends, Simple warmth.

The simple warmth. And all it took was 3 hours with them.

The old friends visited today. Having graduated and moved on into the realm of the corporate whirlpool, the bunch decided to switch their corporate collars for reminiscing and a good time; they came back to university. They came home.

All I had was 3 hours with them. Just 3. Nothing more. Yet, I still hear them lingering in my room. Laughing, smiling.


We shopped at Costcutters for drinks, ordered oily oily fried chicken take-out, walked back to my flat jesting. Lazed in my room, flipped photos, played with matches, chatted. Just basking in the company. We chugged down what seemed like an eternity of fried chicken and Coke. My tiny room turned into a cosy gathering of familiars.

Why? Why is it that I always get this easy, simple warmth with this bunch; without the feeling of being judged on what you say or do? Just being. Just happy. Where is your happy bunch? I can only hope to find this simple warmth more often; just being, without the fear of judgment.

All I had was 3 hours with them. Just 3. Nothing more; old friends, simple warmth.

just3.nothing more.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.