also visit sporeboyindelhi.com

8 Nov 2008

Toffeenut Latte and Christmas. And Dublin?

My mind was still weaving through to-do lists and what-ifs as I got on the train to London. You know how it is like leaving behind the unresolved. The train ride saw me drift in and out of paying back my sleep debt which I am certain has gone into eternal overdraft. No usual romantics about train-rides today; just drools and, possibly, snores.

Before I know it, its London Euston I arrive at. Didn't I just leave here not too long ago? Didn't I just use this station two months back as a Londoner? Now I arrive like a stranger once more, like the many faces at London Euston train station.


Its 3pm and yet the sun is all too eager to set. Do you not wonder what does the sun do after it sets, especially this early as winter beckons?

Like the days I lived in London, I walk into a Starbucks, this time along High Holborn. As I walk through the floor-to-ceiling glass panels, the comforting cafe chatter greets me. And the tint of Christmas carols in the background. The Starbucks menu has turned from the familiar green to the ubiquitous red; its Christmas time. I smile.

A friend is all gaga over Starbucks' Christmas special toffeenut latte. And so, to find out for myself, I order one, with lovely sugary sprinkles atop the whipped cream. And well, it was good enough to inspire me to whip out my laptop and write this entry.


Along High Holborn with a setting London sun, toffeenut latte, Christmas beckoning. Its lovely. Simply lovely. My cup is now empty, ready for a refill.

Perhaps now Dublin has a better chance with me.

Uncle T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, comments. Don't think, just whack.